Monday, January 2, 2017

Race Report: Santa Hustle 5K


John, Natallie, and I had signed up for the Santa Hustle 5K again before Ada was born. I wasn't 100% sure I'd be able to do it, depending on when Ada was born, how my recovery was going, and what the weather was like. But it worked out!

We took a cab to Soldier Field, where the race started. We had plenty of time to pick up our race packets, put on our race bibs, and get into the corrals. John and Natallie ran together and I walked, pushing 4-week-old Ada in the stroller. The Santa Hustle is a family and stroller-friendly race so there were lots of strollers in the back. Lots of people asked how old Ada was and were impressed that we were out there. It was a little lonely walking by myself but it felt so good to be out!

Natallie and Ada

The race course was the same as the last two years. I especially like the cookies and M&Ms they have on course. This year, we even got medals at the finish!

John modeling the race shirt, medal and our bibs!

Distance: 5K
Time: 51:36
Cost: $41.42
Pros: Fun holiday race, nice race shirt, stroller-friendly, cool medal (new this year)
Cons: Crowded course
Would I run it again?: Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment