2016 goals revisited
Family
- Get pregnant. Yes! This finally happened! We had our IVF intake appointment on March 1st and then found out we were pregnant, without using IVF, on March 7th. Ada Jo Lenz was born on November 5, 2016.
- Continue to grow my relationship with John. I think I did a good job of this in 2016. Now that Ada is here it's more difficult but it's even more important.
Exercise
- Be active every day. I actually forgot about this goal. I did a pretty good job of this until April though. There were 3 weeks where I was active every day and 6 more weeks where I was active at least 5 days/week.
- Run three times a week. I really tried to keep up my running throughout my pregnancy. Eventually it turned into a run/walk and then towards the end, just walking. Looking back at my calendar, it looks like I actually hit my goal less than half of the weeks of the year.
- Do a pull up. Nope, this didn't happen.
Home
- Keep it clean and organized. I did this! Well, until Ada was born, anyway.
Personal Enrichment
- Read books. I read five books in 2016 plus parts of a number of childbirth and parenting books.
- Learn Spanish. I used Duolingo regularly for much of 2016. At one point, I even had a 100+ day streak.
- Start to sew. Nope.
- Play piano (well, keyboard). I played the keyboard almost daily until August, I think. I just didn't get back into it after we returned from our trip to Portland/Montana. The keyboard is currently under Ada's crib as we had to take it down to make room for our Christmas tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment