John and I both have job updates. Well, I have an update...John has ambiguity. So, me first.
Last week I started with my new three day a week schedule. It was weird. We finally hired the new nurse practitioner from the job that posted way back in December. She started last Monday. I now work Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays; the new NP works Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays; and Megan works Tuesdays through Fridays. It's so strange (and sad) to only work with Megan two days a week. On top of all these changes, we also have a nurse practitioner student in the office two days a week (Wednesdays and Thursdays). It's going to take some adjusting...but I know I'll eventually like it!
John's update is a lot more involved. He interviewed for a tenure-track professor position at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, Michigan back in February. At the end of the two day interview, they told him to let them know if he was still interested in a week. He decided he didn't want to pursue it, mostly because he would have had to teach calculus every semester forever but also because we've grown to love Chicago and Kalamazoo is the opposite geographical direction for us to move if we're going to go to a smaller city and need to buy two cars.
When he applied to the Western Michigan job he also applied to Google Chicago. He had a phone interview right away but then didn't hear anything for a long time. Friday night he got an email asking if he was still interested. We shall see...
John's current plan is to do more programming with his dad's software company once he's finished teaching for the semester. He's trying to get a website for one of the programs up and running. More to come...but at least for now, we're staying in Chicago!
No comments:
Post a Comment