I came home from Colorado raving about the area...and telling John about the business man who sat next to me on the plane who highly recommended Boulder. Wouldn't you know that while I was gone, John heard back from UC-Boulder "denying" him (his words, not mine). UW-Eau Claire also chose to go a different route for the position he applied for. So, it's down to the two positions at the University of Minnesota, the one at Michigan Tech, or the one at UIC. I do like change...but I don't like the uncertainty. I want to know where we're going so I can start planning! I know everything will work out though...I just need to be patient!
On a side note, John absolutely cracked me up last night. He had a late snack of cereal and left the empty cereal bag on the coffee table. Here's a paraphrase of our conversation:
Me: Will you please throw the cereal bag away?
John: What? You don't like it there?
Me: No.
John: Well, you get to decorate the rest of the place.
How could that not make a person laugh?!? I still smile just thinking about it. He is definitely a witty guy...and when I least expect it too! I love him, I love him, I love him! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment