Saturday, August 27, 2016

29 weeks, 1 day


29 weeks!!! Baby Girl continues to move a lot. I feel her off and on throughout the day now. Sometimes her movements are very visible on my belly too. It's a pretty incredible feeling.

We had our 29 week appointment yesterday. Baby Girl's heartbeat sounded great. She even moved when the midwife put the Doppler on my stomach. It was pretty funny. I had my 1 hour blood glucose screening test as well as a couple of other labs drawn and everything came back normal so that's great. Our next appointment is in just 2 weeks!

We've decided to do all the pre-baby education stuff on our own. John was resistant to signing up for classes and found a whole bunch of information online instead. We also got the Happiest Baby on the Block book as a gift and I checked out two other books from the library. Plus, I have a couple books from Jamine. When our midwife asked us about classes and I told her our plans, she was perfectly happy with us being more of the "self study" kind and just recommended that we also read a breastfeeding book.

I need to pre-register for the hospital and request a breast pump now that we have our new insurance. And we need to sign up for a hospital tour. So exciting!

We otherwise had a pretty uneventful week. I had dinner with friends on Thursday but that was about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment