Today marks 28 weeks, 4 days but first I'm gonna back up to 27 weeks because I didn't post while we were on vacation. Oops!
I came home from my baby shower in Cochrane with a bit of a cold so didn't feel too hot at the beginning of that week. John and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary on August 9th. I really wanted to go out to dinner at a new place but just wasn't feeling up to it. So we ordered pizza from Lou Malnati's instead.
![]() |
| 8 years of adventures! |
Early Thursday morning we flew out to Portland. John's cousin Sara got married near there on August 13th. We spent Thursday in Portland with Annie and Ben. We went to a food truck hotspot for lunch and then went to the zoo. The zoo was awesome! Afterwards we met John, Kathy, and Natalie for dinner.
We all stayed at the Motel 6 in Kalama, Washington. Let me tell you, the conditions of that hotel were not up to par...but it was reasonably clean and didn't appear to have bedbugs so that was good. I think there were 25 of us total (not including the 8 who live there).
Friday we went to the Lava Caves and the Lava Canyon. The Lava Caves were so cold, in the 40s, but it was in the 80s or 90s otherwise. Friday evening we went to a little reception at a local winery. The food was delicious!
![]() |
| John, Natalie, Ben, and John on the suspension bridge over the Lava Canyon. |
Saturday was the wedding. It was absolutely beautiful! Doug and Paula have a gorgeous house in a stunning location. It was a great night!
Sunday we went to Cannon Beach to see the famous Haystack Rock. It was chilly on the beach but cleared off enough that we had some pretty great views. The town was really cute too.
Monday we left for Glacier National Park. It was a long day in the car but we stayed at the fabulous Izaak Walton Inn in Essex, Montana. After four nights at the Motel 6, it was heaven.
Tuesday we drove through Glacier. John, John's dad, and I hiked almost 10 miles to Iceberg Lake. It was a really nice hike. The first quarter mile or so was a little steep and I wasn't sure I was going to make it the whole way but then it leveled out and was pretty easy the rest of the way. Iceberg Lake was stunning though there weren't that many icebergs in it. Thanks, global warming.
We had dinner at the Ptarmigan Dining Room at Many Glacier Hotel and then traveled onward to Chester, Montana for the rest of our trip.
![]() |
| Glacier National Park red bus for Baby Girl. |
Wednesday we spent pretty much all day out at the farm, combining wheat. There really is something about it...though one day is enough for me. It rained overnight and part of the day on Thursday and the temperatures dropped so there wasn't much work to be done then. The guys went out to the farm for a little while but most of the day was spent in the hotel. The MX wasn't great (and our bed was really uncomfortable)...but it was better than the Motel 6!
Friday we headed back home, stopping in Fargo, North Dakota for the night. We stayed at the La Quinta Inn which was amazing! The beds were really comfortable, the rooms were nice and new, and there was an indoor pool! It was tough to wake up early and get on the road again on Saturday.
Saturday, we met Ben in Tomah so Annie and Natalie could shorten their trip a bit and then continued on to Chicago. John, Kathy, John and I went out for a nice dinner, watched the Olympics, and then slept very soundly. It was nice to be back in our own bed!
Sunday, John and I finally took our Week 28 picture on Week 28, Day 2. Oops!
Baby Girl seems to be doing well. She's moving so much. I feel her almost all day long. It's crazy that we're already in the third trimester! We still can't agree on a name for this little one. John isn't a fan of my favorite name and he doesn't really have a favorite yet. I definitely think we'll wait until she's born to make a decision...but I'd like to at least have a short list of names we both like.
We're starting to do more baby research. John found a really good list of websites on reddit. We also have a couple of books. It's so exciting!
I've been feeling really good still. No complaints! My feet and legs got pretty swollen on the flight to Portland and during those long days in the car. Wearing compression socks definitely made that tolerable though. I don't seem to have any problems with swelling on normal days. I went out for a run/walk today for the first time in over 2 weeks and that went really well. Yay!
I'm looking forward to these last 12 weeks (or so) and meeting our baby girl!
Oh, and a new prayer for Weeks 28-31.



















No comments:
Post a Comment