Our week-by-week pregnancy journal has begun! Unfortunately, the lighting in our apartment is really bad for photos. There are shadows everywhere there's natural light and just plain poor lighting elsewhere. So, our background is going to be in front of our busy bookshelves.
I made it through our first drinking event yesterday. We had friends in town and celebrated St. Patrick's Day with them. I'm not sure if it's because I'm pregnant or not but I really did not enjoy being in a super crowded bar with a lot of drunk people. It was great to see our friends...but I was glad to go home early!
I did not make it through the day without arousing suspicion though. Conor called me out in the afternoon but offered up a "maybe" as an answer so I went with that. I'm not sure how convincing I was...and I'll be sure to let him know he was right as soon as we're ready to share the news.
We definitely want to tell our families first and are planning to do so over Easter weekend. My mother-in-law asked me if I'd like her to invite my parents when we were in Oshkosh a few weeks ago. My mom said she would go but didn't know if my dad wanted to. I talked to my dad last week (before I even knew I was pregnant) and he said they were planning to come without me even talking him into it. It will be great to tell them all together!
My running has been pretty rough the last week or so. Wednesday Natallie accidentally turned around too early for our 3 miler but I didn't correct her because I was exhausted, even at a very reasonable pace. Friday I took a few walking breaks on my solo run. Today we decided to skip our planned 6 miler due to rain and the spring ahead time change. Hopefully I'll be up for our 3 miler on Wednesday!
I didn't sleep very well earlier this week but the last couple nights have been much better.
We have our first doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I can't wait to confirm this pregnancy!
And, it's time for another new prayer!

No comments:
Post a Comment