It took me a couple of chapters to really get into The Charlatans but once I was in, I was in and I struggled to put it down to get to sleep on time. The character building and world building are excellent. Overall, I really like J.T.'s style of writing though sometimes it's a little wordy for me. He also uses an awesome variety of vocabulary words. I had to pull out the dictionary a few times (which I love).
My favorite quote from the book was from page 151:
This country has organized a religion around a man who hated organized religion.This stuck with me particularly because it reflects my current religious beliefs so well.
J.T. recently announced that Remnants of America Vol. 2 will be out in Fall 2015. I can't wait to find out what happens next!
Title: The Charlatans (Remnants of America: Vol. 1)
Author: J.T.R. Brown
Genre: Post-apocalyptic fiction
Pages: 288
Stars (Out of 5): ***

No comments:
Post a Comment