Monday, April 7, 2014

Resolutions update #3

  1. Keep exercising. I ran 7 times for a total of 30.08 miles. This is less than February when I thought I did more...oops! I did run a PR (by nearly 2 minutes) in the Shamrock Shuffle 8K though! I also did strength training with John once (sad!) and yoga three times. My usual Wednesday yoga instructor Kris, also a Badger, is cutting back to only Saturday mornings which makes me very sad. I guess I'll have to try to get up early on Saturdays when I'm in town.
  2. Eat more veggies. I still haven't started tracking how many servings of veggies I eat per day but should probably start...
  3. Enjoy the moment. Still trying!
  4. Make a baby. Still trying on this one too! All my labwork came back normal so now it's John's turn. On a related note, my grandma was hospitalized today (She's doing OK.) and when the doctor discussed the DNR with her she said something like "I'm not ready yet. I'm still waiting for a great-grandbaby." We're working on it, Grandma!
  5. Read for pleasure. Reading before going to sleep is one of my favorite parts of the day! I still haven't finished A Memory of Light but I'm thoroughly enjoying it!
  6. Give thanks every day. I missed more days this month but caught up when I remembered. Sometimes it was because we were out of town or had visitors...but other times I just forgot, usually when I had something going on after work and didn't get home until late.
  7. Explore (more of) Chicago. We finally went ice skating in Millennium Park! It's not really a new part of Chicago since we walk by the ice rink almost every day...but it was a new experience! I also went on a cupcake tour with John's sisters and discovered a few new places for sweets. This resolution will be easier when the weather warms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment