Friday, July 6, 2012

May recap

Oh my, it's been so long since I've posted.  We've had a few busy couple of months...life is good!

[I actually composed this post awhile back but have been waiting for the photos...I'll make a couple edits but leave it essentially how I wrote it a few weeks ago...]

The third weekend in May I went back home to Cochrane for my best friend's baby shower.  It worked out perfectly for me to stop at her house near Madison on Thursday night and then drive with her the rest of the way on Friday.  Plus, then we got an extra 6 hours of chatting time total!  I can't believe how much those twins are growing...and how great she looks!  We got to see another one of our high school friends at the shower too...and she's pregnant and looking fabulous as well.  It's so exciting!  Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to document this event.

I do, however, have a few pictures of the golf course from my beautiful hometown.  I walked along with Mom as she golfed 18 holes on Friday...it was hot but gorgeous!
  
I was a little worried about being able to get back to our apartment on my way home from Cochrane as the NATO Summit was going on May 20-21st.  I timed it perfectly though and made it home without a problem!  There were protesters blocking my regular route home after work on Monday though...as well as a large contingent of police on my street waiting for commendation from the mayor.
 

Memorial Day Weekend, John and I also went back home to Cochrane.  We were able to have dinner with Jamine and Brandon in Madison on our way north on Friday.  Saturday we went to my high school's graduation ceremony.  A couple of the kids I used to baby-sit graduated this year.  I feel so old!  I baby-sat one of them from the time he was two years old until he was 10 or so...and I still keep in touch with him on Facebook.  He's a great kid...a very tall kid...and I'm so proud of him!
Me and Ryan...I look so short!
Chelsea, me, and Ryan - Yes, I'm still standing on the ledge...they're both so tall!
That Sunday I tried to run 5 miles but didn't quite make it.  Luckily Mom timed it perfectly on her way home from church as she stopped at the stop sign just as I was running up to it and gave me a ride home!  I saw the mom of one of my classmates along the way and she mistook me for one of the former cross country stars...she said I had good form!  I'll take the compliment!

Later that afternoon, I walked along with Mom and John as they golfed 9 holes.  It was so hot...but I learned my hubby is a pretty good golfer!
We were able to visit with my grandma, aunt, uncle, and cousins before we left on Monday.  It was so good to see them again!  Then, on our way home, we stopped at the World's Largest Brat Fest in Madison...John's favorite place!
 

The weekend after Memorial Day (technically June) we relaxed!  We tried out a new (for us) place for deep dish pizza, Pizzeria Due, and will definitely be going back.  It was a gorgeous afternoon and we were able to eat outside...all this after John patiently came along with me to do a little shopping.  He can be such a wonderful hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment