Monday, April 18, 2011
Illinois Marathon Half Marathon
I realized last night that I haven't blogged about my half marathon training at all...I guess my Facebook updates have sated my urge to do so. Until now! :)
The Illinois Marathon is now in its third year, I believe. The first year it was held on Easter weekend so I didn't participate. Last year, I ran the 5K with my then-preceptor and now-colleague Amy. After the run last year I decided that this year I would do the half marathon.
I started my training in February, using a program recommended by my favorite childhood baby-sitter. She's had lots of great tips for me throughout my training. Things are going great...and I'm only twelve days away from the big day! So far my longest run has been 9 miles...and I did that all on the treadmill last Friday because it was not nice outside. I have also run 8 miles outside and am due for a 10 mile run this Friday that I am bound and determined to complete outside. I've never been a runner...but I've come to enjoy it. This morning, I ran 5 miles in just over 46 minutes and it felt great! I've been kicking myself for not giving in to Mr. Brone's requests that I join the cross country team in high school.
I'm a little nervous about running with so many other people (the half closed at 7700 people)! Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment