Sunday, April 17, 2011

Book nine already!

I read New Spring so fast I'm already a couple hundred pages into the next book, Winter's Heart.  Of course, it helped that it was only about 300 pages long!  I absolutely loved New Spring.  I read on Wikipedia that Robert Jordan intended New Spring to be the first book of a prequel trilogy of books...but that originally New Spring's reception was not that great so the trilogy was put on hold.  Apparently it's now up to Robert Jordan's wife, Harriet, to decide whether or not it continues...but that may or may not be true. 

So, why did I love it?  I thought it was very interesting to learn about some of the characters before they became who I know them as now...it's like hearing your grandparents tell stories about your parents.  Also, there was some foreshadowing in New Spring...I know things about characters that haven't yet been revealed in the other books. 

Overall, I just love these books!  I'm so glad John convinced me to read them.  I'm getting a little sad already that I only have five books left after this one.


Random fact: According to Wikipedia, the audio of the entire The Wheel of Time series is 17 days, 11 hours, and 30 minutes long...woofda!

No comments:

Post a Comment