Friday, January 5, 2018

Race Report: Festival Foods Turkey Trot Oshkosh

John, Natalie, and I ran the Festival Foods Turkey Trot in Oshkosh on Thanksgiving morning. That feels so long ago now! John ran the 2 mile and Natalie and I ran the 5 mile race. Natalie did great considering she hadn't run in awhile. We just had to stop once so she could take off a layer and then walked through a side cramp. I felt pretty great.

The race started at the new Menominee Nation Arena and had a completely different route than in years past. It was fun to run a new route though traffic leaving the race area was definitely effected.

The post-race donuts and pumpkin pie definitely hit the spot! Hopefully this is a tradition we can continue on the years we celebrate Thanksgiving in Oshkosh...including Natalie!

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 54:52
Cost: $20
Pros: Inexpensive race, easy to get to, nice course, great post-race refreshments, fun way to start Thanksgiving
Cons: None, really...
Would I run it again?: Yup!

No comments:

Post a Comment