Ada is 5 months old! Once again, she has changed a lot in the last month. She recently discovered her toes and tries to reach for them any chance she gets, especially when she's being changed. She's "talking" a lot more and squealing too. She will also "yell" at you when you do something she doesn't like (like wiping her nose) instead of just crying. It's pretty cute...ha!
![]() |
| Swinging at Maggie Daley Park (3.7.17) |
She loves sitting up in a supported position. We got a high chair this month and she's been sitting in it while we eat dinner. She does pretty well most of the time. She's not rolling over yet but will roll over onto her side from her back. She's doing better with tummy time. When she gets bored with it, we roll her to her back and then back to her tummy to keep it interesting.
![]() |
| Sitting up in the boppy (3.19.17) |
She loves playing with her toys and puts everything in her mouth. She has recently starting hitting the toys on her activity gym to make them swing in the air. It's much more intentional than the batting she used to do.
Ada loves when we make funny noises or silly faces. She also really enjoys listening to singing. I often sing "Ada had a little lamb" to her at night before she goes to sleep. Tonight I played a few songs on the keyboard for her and she enjoyed it for a little while. She also seems to like when I snap my fingers.
![]() |
| Out enjoying a gorgeous March day in Chicago (3.24.17) |
I'm trying to read at least one book to her every day but sometimes I forget. She seems to actually look at the pictures now which is pretty neat to see. She also definitely knows her name and will look at me when I say it.
She's sleeping pretty well overall and eating like a champ most of the time. She has had a few nursing "strikes" recently. The first time was the day we arrived in Florida so I figured something was off because of the flight but she did it again twice this past weekend. All three times she takes a bottle so I just have to pump more frequently. It was frustrating for me but from what I've read, it happens (and it has nothing to do with me)!
![]() |
| She's not always content. (3.31.17) |
We took two trips this month. First, we went to Oshkosh to visit John's family, celebrate Annie's birthday, and see Annie and Ben's new house. Ada did pretty well in the car on the way there and back. She also slept great at Grandma and Grandpa's house. The next week John left to go to Montana and Colorado so Ada and I were on our own. I was a little anxious about being a solo parent for the week but we did just fine. The toughest part was having to take Ada to daycare and pick her up. Normally my mom visits me when John takes his spring trip out west but she decided to go to Florida for the month of March this year. So, Ada and I flew down to visit her near Tampa. It was Ada's first flight and I was really nervous about taking her by myself but it went just fine. (I'll write a post about that soon!) We had a great long weekend with Mom and her friends and thoroughly enjoyed the warm, sunny weather!
![]() |
| Ada's first flight (3.16.17) |
![]() |
| Napping in the Florida sun (3.17.17) |
![]() |
| Checking out the pool (3.17.17) |
![]() |
| Happy girl! (3.18.17) |









No comments:
Post a Comment