Saturday, January 30, 2016

Goals for 2015: 4th quarter update (a little late)

Family 

  • Get pregnant. Well, this didn't happen in 2015. I really thought that one of the last cycles of Clomid/IUI we did was going to be the one but it just didn't happen. We're starting the in vitro fertilization process now so hopefully we will get pregnant in 2016!
  • Continue to grow my relationship with John. We continue to do really well. We recently started doing "cuddle nights" on Fridays where we sit on the couch together and watch a show or movie. We spend a lot of time together but it's not always "quality time." This has changed that and we both look forward to these nights!
Work
  • Work less. I still love working three days a week. I'm so glad that change worked out!
  • Don't sweat the small stuff. I'm doing well with this overall. John helps me reframe things when I need to.
Exercise
  • Run three times a week. This was going well until December and the holidays. I ran 53.14 miles in October, 41.55 miles in November, and 24.32 miles in December. I ran the Hot Chocolate 15K, Turkey Trot, and Santa Hustle.
  • Do a pull up! I did not accomplish this in 2015 so it's going back on my list for 2016. I did strength training 7 times and yoga 10 times. Additionally, in November, I did a squat challenge which was fun. I should probably find one for arms...
Personal
  • Read books. I read Once a Runner, Daring Greatly, and Miles Errant this quarter. I'm currently reading Miles, Mutants, and Microbes but I just realized Miles in Love is the next book in the Vorkosigan Saga. Oops.
  • Stay involved with Chicago Scholars. I love the time I spend with Chicago Scholars. I'm so proud to be a part of this amazing organization!
*Bonus Goals (for when I'm working part-time)
  • Catch up and stay current with Sports Illustrated and Mental Floss magazines. I finally canceled my Sports Illustrated subscription in November. I'm almost through the backlog (after recycling issues that were more than a year old). I will miss reading the issues but at this point, I'm just not able to keep up with a weekly subscription. I'll definitely check out some of the articles online.
  • Keep apartment clean and organized. I still have that one box and one shelf left to get through in our bedroom but otherwise this is happening!
  • Start sewing. This still has not happened but hopefully it will in 2016! But what do I want to sew? Hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment