Family
- Get pregnant. Obviously there's only so much I can actually do to make that goal a reality but I'm going to do whatever I can. The first step is having a hysterosalpingogram this week. If everything is OK with that, we'll have to see a fertility specialist and see what happens next.
- Continue to grow my relationship with John. I think he's awesome (most of the time) and I want to make sure he knows that. He has some potentially big changes coming up with his job situation and I want him to know I'm with him no matter what decisions he makes.
- Work less. Last summer, my coworker and I put together a proposal to move from two full-time nurse practitioners to three part-time nurse practitioners. It was a slow process but the third position finally got approved. Now our boss is starting interviews. Hopefully we'll find a good match for the third NP position soon!
- Don't sweat the small stuff. I often get irritated by little things that my boss or students say and do. I'm going to really try not to let it get to me!
- Run three times a week. It's so hard to set running goals while trying to conceive. For now, I'm going to stick to running three times a week and only signing up for races less than half marathon distance.
- Do a pull up! In order to achieve this I need to continue going to the gym with John and doing yoga weekly.
- Read books. Reading before bed has helped my sleep so much! It's great to have a bedtime routine.
- Stay involved with Chicago Scholars. It's a great organization and I thoroughly enjoy being involved both as a mentor and as an Associate Board member. There are a lot of changes happening now but I think they're going to be great!
*Bonus Goals (for when I'm working part-time)
- Catch up and stay current with Sports Illustrated and Mental Floss magazines.
- Keep apartment clean and organized.
- Start sewing.
Go Emily! I like your goals :) I continually pray for a little blessing to come your way.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jack! :)
ReplyDelete