Sunday, December 1, 2013

30 Days of Giving Thanks

Friday, November 1, 2013
I'm thankful for my family and my friends. My mom, Angie, Gwen, and Kayla are visiting for the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K this weekend. We had such a great time chatting tonight!

Saturday, November 2, 2013
I'm thankful for my physical health. We walked over 9 miles today! We went south to McCormick Place to pick up our race packets then back north to Macy's to see the Christmas tree and finally back to our apartment. After a little break, we walked to Lou Malnati's for dinner. Whew!

Sunday, November 3, 2013
I'm thankful for beautiful fall weather. It was perfectly sunny with a very light breeze for the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K this morning. We could not have asked for a nicer day!

Monday, November 4, 2013
I'm thankful for my husband. After a day where I felt annoyed with so much at work, it was so great to come home, vent about it for a few minutes while my husband actually listened, and then forget about it. He may not be perfect, but he's perfect for me. I'm so thankful I was reminded of that tonight.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013
I'm thankful for my education. I may not always love (or even like) my current job but I love my profession. I'm thankful that I can help others with my knowledge.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013
I'm thankful for being involved with the Chicago Scholars organization and the relationships it has helped me develop. Tonight I had dinner in the Metropolitan Club on the 67th floor of the Sears (well, now Willis) Tower. Pretty amazing!

Thursday, November 7, 2013
I'm thankful for my friends. I received an early birthday card in the mail from Lauren, a friend from Champaign-Urbana, and exchanged a couple of text messages with her as well since it was her birthday. Lori, a friend from college at UW-Madison, was in Chicago for business so took me (and John) out for an early birthday dinner and spent the night with us. I'm so lucky to have sch wonderful friends!

Friday, November 8, 2013
I'm thankful for a quiet day at work. Quiet isn't a word nurses usually say out loud for fear of jinxing it.

Saturday, November 9, 2013
I'm thankful for an alma mater that is so fun and welcoming to go back to visit. I'm also thankful for a wonderful husband and in-laws. John and I met his parents before going to the Wisconsin football game and then met his little sister Natalie for dinner after the game. Natalie also got me some pretty sweet cookie cutters for my birthday!

Sunday, November 10, 2013
I'm thankful for my godson, his brother, and his wonderful parents. I guess this sort of fits into the "friends" category too but the Kurth's are so much more than friends. I'm so glad it worked for me to spend the night with them.

Monday, November 11, 2013
First and foremost, on Veteran's Day, I'm thankful for those who have served and currently serve our country. It's certainly not an easy task and takes a very special person to do. Secondly, I'm thankful that I was able to spend the day on the UW-Madison campus with the admitted students from Chicago Scholars. The school really put on a great day for the scholars. I'm proud to be affiliated with both UW-Madison and Chicago Scholars!

Tuesday, November 12, 2013
I'm thankful for the North Harbor Tower Running Club. Our building's new fitness club manager started the club a little over a month ago. It's been great to get to know other runners in the building and have a little motivation and company for Tuesday evening runs.

Wednesday, November 13, 2013
I'm thankful for Universal Sole and their fun runs. It was great to get out for a run again tonight and then have free delicious chili for supper afterwards.
I'm also thankful for starry nights. They help me remember just how much is out there in this big, big world.

Thursday, November 14, 2013
I'm thankful for old co-workers who have become friends. A three-hour dinner and chat session was just what I needed tonight.

Friday, November 15, 2013
I'm thankful that I have enough...enough food, enough water, enough shelter, enough clothing (sometimes too much). These are the most basic needs and I'm thankful I have never not had enough of them.

Saturday, November 16, 2013
I'm thankful for a day with no plans. I had plenty to do at home but did not have to be anywhere at any particular time.

Sunday, November 17, 2013*
I'm thankful for finding a delicious recipe for supper.

Monday, November 18, 2013
I'm thankful for chai lattes. My chai this morning made my Monday that much more bearable. Thanks, Starbucks!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013
I'm thankful for the decision-making authority to pause the implementation of our new electronic medical record at work after a day and a half of frustration.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013
I'm thankful that I'm heading to bed early tonight. Apparently I need some extra rest!

Thursday, November 21, 2013
I'm thankful for smiles. There's a homeless man who hangs out on Randolph St. I see him almost every day on my way home. He always smiles, says hello, and asks how my day was. His smile makes me smile. This simple exchange makes me thankful for all I have.

Friday, November 22, 2013
I'm thankful for Friday, the last day of the work week. It's been a long week but today was a good day. I'm thankful that I have the next two days to get things done at home, do a few things I want to do, and spend time with my husband.

Saturday, November 23, 2013
I'm thankful for sunshine on this chilly day. The sun made it just warm enough for me to have a pleasant run outside while all bundled up.

Sunday, November 24, 2013
I'm thankful for my weekly conversations with my parents. Nearly every Sunday evening they call me and I talk to both of them. It's a tradition we started when I went away to college and it has continued the 11 years since.

Monday, November 25, 2013
I'm thankful for my friends, again, but different friends this time! I had lunch with a former manager turned friend and her new baby boy which was a wonderful way to break up the workday. Tonight, I got a text with great news from another friend. So lucky to have these lovely ladies in my life!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013
I'm thankful for a good day at work. A day where I got a great compliment from a student. I'm also very thankful that tomorrow is my last day of work for the week.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013
I'm thankful for a safe and relatively easy drive from Chicago to Oshkosh to celebrate the holiday weekend.

Thursday, November 28, 2013
I'm thankful for starting the day off with a Turkey Trot, enjoying time with family, and eating lots of delicious food.

Friday, November 29, 2013
I'm thankful for family traditions. Today Natalie and I continued the tradition of making candy with Grandma on the day after Thanksgiving.

Saturday, November 30, 2013
I'm thankful for college football. It was a day of exciting games. And, while our Badgers lost, it was fun to watch the games with the family. I hope those players, especially the seniors, know we love watching them whether they win or lose...and hopefully we'll get to see them win a bowl game yet this season. I'm also thankful that my husband drove home tonight.

*I wrote almost every entry on the actual date. However, I opened my computer on November 20th and realized that my entries from November 14-19th were gone. I recreated them as best as I could except for November 17th which I could not remember at all so I came up with a completely new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment