Monday, February 6, 2012

Workouts: Not a routine, exactly...not yet!

Last week I worked out every day but Friday (the rest day on my 8K training program).  I got up early to work out before work Monday through Thursday.  I'm not gonna lie...it wasn't easy.  In fact, on Thursday I really had to talk myself in to getting up that extra 35 minutes early to get my butt down to the gym and run 2 miles.  But, I reminded myself how good I felt all week...and that got me up!  I did a little extra above the training plan on Saturday and Sunday so I could make sure I got in my doctor's recommendation of 3 hours of cardio.
This was a good motivator in my inbox this morning.  It spoke to me...keep it up this week!  We're going to be out of town this weekend so I probably won't work out on Saturday or Sunday (though maybe we'll get home early enough so I can).  This week, I'll be content with working out Monday through Thursday (and Friday if I don't have to go in early to make up for leaving early).

2 comments:

  1. WAy to go! My workout this week was non existant at best--BUT the good thing is the weeks not ever yet! so there is still time for damage control! ;)

    ReplyDelete