Monday, February 21, 2011

It's a great time to be a WI sports fan!

I am an avid fan of WI sports, especially the Badgers.  In recent years, I've also become a Brewers fan.  This year, I went to my first Packer game...and have enjoyed following them more closely since then.  This (school) year has been a great time to be a WI sports fan!

First, the WI football team beat #1 Ohio State at Camp Randall on October 16th.



This victory helped propel the Badgers to the Rose Bowl.  They lost to TCU but still...it was the Rose Bowl!!


On February 6th, the Packers (the #6 seed in the NFC) beat the Steelers (the #2  seed in the AFC) to win Super Bowl XLV.  John and I bought our first Packer shirts after this victory!


Aaron Rodgers is my new athlete crush.
Then, on February 12th, the Badgers once again beat #1 Ohio State, this time in men's basketball.  I was SO proud of my Badgers!  Basketball is my favorite...I just love Bo Ryan and all our players.

I love the joy Jordan Taylor (almost always) plays with. Keep it up!
 So, what will the rest of the basketball season bring?  I'm hoping for a good run in the NCAA tournament...a few good games by my favorite Badgers.  What about the baseball season?  The Brewers opened training camp with a couple new, really good pitchers.  It's exciting!

Note:
WI Badgers football photos from WI Football Facebook page.
Green Bay Packers Super Bowl photos from SI Photos website.

No comments:

Post a Comment