Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Khaled Hosseini

 

Last week I finished reading The Kite Runner and started and finished A Thousand Splendid Suns.  Though both books were absolutely heart-wrenching, they were excellently written.  I could imagine myself in every character's shoes.  Themes that stuck out to me were the treatment of women, expected gender roles, the importance of education, and the ability to survive, to endure.  I hope Mr. Hosseini continues to write...I will definitely read another book by him.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you find time to read so much! You're so good! These look great...I'll have to check into them, then sit my little fanny down and read... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, it was a time of bliss between taking my exam and starting the NP job. Hopefully I'll still find time now that I'll be working a little more! These two were both really quick reads...you can do it!

    ReplyDelete